Sunday, May 01, 2011

That's Why He's God And You're Not

Hey everybody!

Remember when I left my temp gig last year because my boss wouldn’t hire me, because he claimed that he couldn’t make a decision because he hadn’t interviewed enough people?

That my eight to nine months on the desk wasn’t good enough for him to pull the trigger and offer me the position full time?

Remember how it sent me into a spiral of gloom and doom, that in standing up for myself, I jettisoned myself into a void of uncertainty? And I kept clamoring for God to talk to me, to tell me why this was happening, what’s the plan, la la laaaaaaaaaa.

And I flailed around for two months?

And then I finally landed a full time job in a place that’s turning out to be pretty okay? (Pretty Okay is an awesome title for a book or song or something.)

Guess what was the leading story on one of the entertainment websites on Friday afternoon?

That boss who wouldn’t hire me, the dick, is leaving the company. Friday was his last day.

I busted out laughing so hard my 6 person department all stuck their heads out to see what the ruckus was.

I quickly jumped on the IM to chat with my former co-workers about the news. They wished they could’ve seen my face when I read the article. I tell them I’m wearing a huge grin.

Which is evil of me. I know this.

The official word is that he wanted to leave. That this had been in the works “for months.” And while you could say that’s why he didn’t hire me, because he knew he’d be leaving, he offered the third temp who came after me the position full time. That guy was on the desk for two months and got an offer. Which he turned down.

So I’m going with the theory that my former boss is still a dick and what goes around comes around and off he goes to take a ride on the Karma Boomerang O’ Life.

It’s now crystal clear that God was trying to protect me. THIS is why God didn’t want me to be hired full time, so months later I wouldn’t be an assistant whose days are numbered because their boss has left.

And there’s probably no real way that God could’ve communicated that to me in a way I would’ve understood.

And He is so patient. SO PATIENT. And I am such a brat. SUCH A BRAT.

I will never understand why God continues to love me when I am such a brat, when I scream at Him to talk to me, make demands as though I’m in any position of power over Him.

But I guess that’s why He’s God. And I am so very very thankful for that.

No comments: