Monday, August 04, 2008

Amy's Busy Writing

Ginger Puppy is busy guarding her feet.


The funniest line I heard all weekend was Stella, who came over with Wella, Norman, and Frances to cook out yesterday. I was telling Stella how I had been praying for her situation, then realized how instantly sappy that sounded, so I added, "Not that it matters, I don't think God's listening to me these days." Stella said something along the lines of, "God listens to you if for no other reason than you're one of the most entertaining Christians I know." Which made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

I keep getting the image of God going, "Yeah? Yeah? Uh-huh? Wow! Okay, so you want what? And what? And what? Great! Thanks for telling me. I'm glad we had this talk!" And off He walks away without doing anything about it.

Yes, I know it's not true, I do. But that's what it feels like these days. Heh.

No comments: