Sunday, June 01, 2008

12 in 12

Hey, is anyone else getting as sick of my Bible chronicling adventures as I am? Those blog entries aren’t really food for thought, nor are they particularly well written.

Methinks we need a break. And since I finally have a new camera to replace the one that was stolen by a yahoo Floridian tourist, I shall celebrate by doing one of those 12 in 12 thingies I have vaguely read about on other people’s blogs. The idea is that you take 12 pictures in 12 hours, one each hour, to document your day. This is how my Saturday went: (Warning! The spacing is all wonky! Resize your computer screen as much as possible and it will still be wonky! But you get the general idea!)

8:00am hour – I wake up to Spike. I either wake up to Spike or to the ceiling. I much prefer Spike.






9:00am hour – I see these flowers when I walk to and from the gym. I dig them because of the variety of colors. Check out that detail using the macro function! My camera’s better than I thought.

10am hour – Just another scintillating daily devotional, this time from Ezekiel 27: 1 – 25. Talking about all of Tyre’s glory as a trading country. I am bored. I don’t care if all Scripture is God breathed, and we need to understand how great a nation Tyre was to appreciate its upcoming destruction by God. I’m bored, and I want to get to the New Testament already, which, at this pace, won’t be happening for another two months.
















11am hour – The devotional has so thoroughly bored me that I go back to bed. Well, that, and the fact that the Step and Sculpt teacher at the gym was merciless this morning. Me achey already.












12pm hour – The tiny sushi place on La Brea that I like also features strange smoothies.










1pm hour – watching George Romero’s Diary Of The Dead. I give Blair Witch Project a pass. I give Cloverfield a pass. But here, when you’ve got TWO film school students “filming” their desperate attempt to survive a zombie apocalypse, you do NOT get a pass to stand there and film your friend impaling a zombie with an IV pole, PUT THE CAMERA DOWN AND HELP HIM, FOR F’S SAKE! What an idiotic movie, puffy with laughable self importance.

2pm hour – oh, okay, fine, NOW I’m settling down to write. I handwrite my script revisions, and it can get messy, but it all makes sense to me.
















3pm hour – When I need small breaks from brainstorming, I play Trouble, my guitar. I knew from the beginning that the first song I ever learned to play would probably be the only one I’d ever remember. Which is true. So if you ever need a chick to kinda play > Freedy Johnston’s “Bad Reputation,” I’m your chickadee.


4pm hour – Surprisingly, generic cereal is rather tasty (and less expensive!)












5pm hour – reading for a break. The Sookie Stackhouse series isn’t really well written, and it’s a little ridiculous how every vampire, werewhatever, and other assorted supernatural folk that Sookie comes into contact with is breathtakingly beautiful and always falls for Sookie, but whatever. Interestingly enough, I don’t have a problem that she’s a telepath, but could there EVER be a vampire she finds attractive who doesn’t like her?

6pm hour – driving to do box office for my theater company’s show. Wow, this camera doesn’t miss a thing, huh. Check out all that dust. Who has time to clean their car, right?








7pm hour – the coffeehouse only looks empty. But they make a tasty vanilla chai latte. I LURVE vanilla chai lattes.














8pm hour – While the show is going on upstairs, I guard the lobby, work some more on my script, and this is my view.














Not terribly exciting, I know. But better than summarizing Ezekiel. Because I am NOT doing that.

No comments: