Thursday, June 22, 2006

Enforced Secret Joy #3 - The Crazy World Inside A Flower

Hey everybody! Check these things out! Aren't they CRAZY WEIRD COOL!? I'm absolutely a flower idiot, so I don't even know what kind they are, but it's more of the inside that trips me out.

Check it out! That's not liquid or anything! That's all solid markings on the inside of the flower petals. It looks like milk with raspberry flecks in it! Also reminds me of the sugary stuff inside my beloved Cadbury Eggs, or other kinds of Easter Candy. I can't believe this kind of detail goes into the inside of a flower. Thank you, God, for flowers. Thank you for flowers, for soft petals, for colors, and shades of color. Thank you for the crazy detail that makes up the inside and outside of a flower. Thank you for these flowers, and the way they tripped me out. Thank you for my digital camera, thank you for overcoming my usual procrastinator nature and taking these pictures when I did, since they were gone yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Amen.

I need extra prayer, good vibes, Happy Thoughts from everyone for this weekend! I am going to that church retreat that I don't wanna go to! YAAAAAAAY! It really was a struggle, and in the end, I remembered that The Things That I Don’t Wanna Do Are Exactly The Thing I Have To Do In Order To Learn Stuff Or Some Other Crappy Hallmark Card Moment Of Ick. Besides, it’s not like anything BAD happens to people on church retreats, right? I mean, sure, yeah, the last one I went to two years ago, I had a minor nervous breakdown, but that was only because I was faced with the stark realization that I had never felt the presence of God, so no big deal, right? Right?

PEOPLE! PRAY FOR ME! BUNCHES BUNCHES O’ PRAYER PLEASE!

Oh, I am SO not a board game person. I am SO not a sing around the campfire person. I AM a S’mores person, but I prefer to take my S’mores and run, and I’m pretty sure that’s not happening at THIS retreat. They’re onto me, see. A lot of the people from this retreat read this blog. (Insert Amy waving.) Hi!

I will be back on Sunday, and I’m going to go ahead and say that bumps my blogging schedule to late on Monday again. But I am taking my digital camera, so hopefully I’ll have some fun pics to post. And all my marbles intact.

1 comment:

Midlife Virgin said...

I think you're in a much better place this time for the retreat as you've started to get glimpses of God in your life. I'm so happy about your journey and you inspire me to keep on mine. Have a good retreat, share your S'mores and come home safe... and sane.