Monday, January 02, 2006

The Assumed Name Rule Of This Blog

NOBODY in these entries will be mentioned by their real name, except me (yes, my name is Amy. If I had been born a boy, I would have been John Thomas, and my parents would have called me JT, which sounds infinitely cooler than Amy. I have a sneaking suspicion that I would be much farther along in life if I was a boy named JT. Just a theory.)

The Assumed Name Rule is to protect the innocent, the guilty, my roommates Heckle and Jeckle, and the people who had no idea I was gonna start a blog with Christian undertones, overtones, or any tones.

And also because I want to single handedly start a movement to bring back all those great names of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. Nobody names their daughter Gladys anymore. Or Hortense. Nobody names their son Melvin or Hugo. Therefore, whenever I reference anyone that I have real life experience with, their names will be Phyllis, Myrtle, Oscar, Winifred, Clarence, Herbert, Lawrence, etc.

Party like it’s 1945, I say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll call you "J.T." if you want. A lot of lesser things get called "John Thomas."

Anonymous said...

You could use JT as a nom de plume. Just sayin'.